Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How Many Minutes Do You Cook A 12 Pound Smoked Ham I Have Been Told That You Need To Cook Green Beans In The Canner For 25 Minutes At 10 Lbs Pressure, But?

I have been told that you need to cook green beans in the canner for 25 minutes at 10 lbs pressure, but? - how many minutes do you cook a 12 pound smoked ham

This time I could not keep Canner at 10 pounds. It rose to 13, and no matter how much I lowered the Tempature (Burner Elec). This is perhaps not much less than 12 pounds of pressure. I got it down .... modest and would not or hot outside. Is that 2 additional pounds of pressure, loss or damage to the beans in the pot? They have all been closed since cooled. And I had no bottles explode in the pot.

2 comments:

Alan G said...

It is sterile in all cases and can be mild. But I think you should have checked the pressure gauge to be safe.

getit said...

try foodtv.com
have operated in the revenue and links.
Good Luck

Post a Comment